Sho Bud Changer Assy.

If it has Pedals...
Rick Dillon

Sho Bud Changer Assy.

Post by Rick Dillon »

Help, Help any body??? Could a Guy file down the damaged string finger flat, then install a roller bearing with rivets on the lowering finger after straightening the top of the lowering finger? If anybody has seen a Sho Bud changer changer that hangs up over this problem I know u know what I,m talking about.It is steel rubbing chromed pop metal and after a while the chrome wears off after lack of maintance I,m sure. Help? Rick D.
Rick Dillon

Re: Sho Bud Changer Assy.Help?

Post by Rick Dillon »

Where is everybody?
Blacksb21

Re: Sho Bud Changer Assy.

Post by Blacksb21 »

Hello Rick you might want to search for Changer design here on the forum and post there your issue, or search for Richard Burton he has some knowledge on pedal changers and could answer you, I think it is possible to do what you are thinking.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

Rick, I think I know what you mean.Assuming you mean a +3, -2, changer. I heard on the forum about the groove prob which my old fingers have (had). Best repair I found ,if you don't have enuff un-grooved fingers from non-activated strings to swap around , then clean the groved part very clean with Acetone ,MEK, or brake cleaner and fill the groove with JB Weld smooth it, let it setup completely then fine smooth it with jewelers files and 400 w/d paper...Stormy ;)
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

Thanks Gentlemen for your response, Stormy, sounds like the JB weld would do the trick also, that would be quick and easy to do. Thanks again for that info. Rick