Shop origanization need help

If it has Pedals...
Blacksb21

Re: Shop origanization need help

Post by Blacksb21 »

Hello Mac, I do not know what type of blade they use, I have not bought it yet, but have studied it, and have watched a demo on it, it did cut through metal fairly easy but not sure how thick it cut, I was impressed with it and how versatile it is, now I have to decide is it worth the money they are asking for it to get it.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

Blacksb21 wrote:Hello mac that new tool by home depot is called Blade runner by Rockwell sells for $179 but it is considered a table type saw but works like a band saw check it out I know it cuts metal and I use it to cut the raise and lowers with.
How did u cut your changer fingers with the saw if u have not bought it yet? just askin.. :?:
mac639

Post by mac639 »

HI Storm......I've always cut the fingers out on the bandsaw, then finished them up with the little 1" Delta bandsander. Couldn't do anything without that sander. No I don't think I'll buy the Bladerunner. Looks too dopey for me. Only thing I can think of doing with it would be to cut slots in 1/4" plate.
Cheers,
Mac
Blacksb21

Post by Blacksb21 »

Hello Storm, I apologize for misrepresenting the machine, I did not use this machine but want to use it to cut the raises and lowers but I think it will still take time even on this machine, I created a simple lower changer plate and cut them on a metal shear brake, kind of crude but it cut more of them, but I think the saw could do it just not sure.
na4it

Post by na4it »

I believe the one thing to think about is that it is basically an upside down jig saw, so there will be lots of vibration, and it may be hard to hold down what you are sawing. A band saw runs against the table, and helps to hold the material to the surface.
Scott Duckworth
E6 Rogue lap steel, D6 Regal RD-30MS squareneck reso-guitar,
Li'l Izzy, Zoom MS-50G Effects Pedal into a Berhinger mixer and Harbinger V2112 speaker(s).

Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:) I'm thinkin that the bandsaw with appropriate blade would be a better choice. That bladerunner saw has been around a few years and really is just a glorified jigsaw imo.....Stormy :D