Remington Steelmaster Tuner Head

Just getting started and have a lot of questions? Here's the spot...
old bear 2233

Remington Steelmaster Tuner Head

Post by old bear 2233 »

I like the looks of the Remington Steelmaster tuner head and would like to use the same or a similar design. Does anyone have the specs for this or know of a source for them? I would hope that they aren't patented. Pic shows the head.
Thanks,
Gary
Attachments
RemingtonSteelmasterTuners.jpg
RemingtonSteelmasterTuners.jpg (68.02 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
A man's home may be his castle but his workshop is his kingdom. And, You just can't fix stupid!
Pat Comeau

Re: Remington Steelmaster Tuner Head

Post by Pat Comeau »

Hi old bear,
that shouldn't be hard to make, you either heat and bend the aluminum piece or you cut it out of a bigger piece like that, the best way to do this...is to make a template out of wood and make it the way it's suppose to be and then just trace it and copy it to you aluminum piece. ;)

hope this help......................Pat C :)
Bent

Post by Bent »

Hi Gary,
I agree with Pat here. It is tough to heat and bend aluminum. I was just talking to Martin Weenick and he told me he had a heck of a time bending that specially-shaped VKL on Don's guitar( the beautiful blue one on SGF)
I would definitely sacrifice the extra aluminum and cut it out on the band saw. Take a look at my photobucket pics and the VKL there. That's a cutout.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
old bear 2233

Post by old bear 2233 »

Thanks to all who responded. I was actually looking for the dimensions but got the bright idea to import the jpg into a lite CAD program I use infrequently, resize it and do the measurements from there. I don't know why I didn't think of this before I posted the topic. But your replies do give me some points to think about. Thanks again.
A man's home may be his castle but his workshop is his kingdom. And, You just can't fix stupid!
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

bear,
FWIW...The way the pegs are slanted bothers me, the design looks good but,if I were going from scratch I would opt for a design that had the pegs parallel with the roller nut.
JMO..

Bill
Bill Ford
Steeling For Jesus now
S12,CLR..S12MSA"The Universal" both Ext,E9..misc amps and toys.
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Bill...i was thinking the same thing, as for heating the aluminum...i've bended my vertical knee lever just a bit the other day with just a small propane tank for small BBQ from CT and it worked great...you have to heat the aluminum quite a bit it took me about 15 to 20 minute to heat it up and i've used a wise grip with two piece of wood to not scratch the lever , you'll know when the aluminum is hot enough by putting a little pressur to the direction of the bending, do not try to bend it to fast or it'll break easy :o , it is very simple to do if you take your time. :)