Newbie looking for Sho-bud parts

Just getting started and have a lot of questions? Here's the spot...
DavidLee

Newbie looking for Sho-bud parts

Post by DavidLee »

Hi guys!

I'm new to the SGB Forum. I'm collecting parts for a custom "Sho-Bud" SD-10 or SD-12 guitar. So far, I have end plates and will be building the cabinet myself. Need everything else - keyhead, changer, pickup, undercarriage mechanics, wide pedals, pedal bar and adjustable legs. Have a similar post on the Steel Guitar Forum.
Rick Dillon

Re: Newbie looking for Sho-bud parts

Post by Rick Dillon »

Hey David, Hope your still planning to build your Sho Bud, The parts will be some of headache to find. Your probably need to make them yourself. You are in the right place to see all the how to,s, dimensions and etc... If you have a bandsaw, small drill press, table saw, you,ll be good to go. I,am building a Pro one Sho Bud now on a double neck cabinet, using only the tools I mentioned ealier, Putting in the cross shafts now and having a bllast. Goodluck Dave. Rick
Paul Lafountaine

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Rick, I have a question. Did you make the end plates yourself? If so I would like to know how and maybe a picture or to would be nice. I'm slowly working on changer fingers right now, but will move on to end plates soon. Thanks

Paul
Rick Dillon

Post by Rick Dillon »

Paul please forgive me for taking so long to reply, I forgot to check back on this post, so sorry. I had them made at a local machine shop, I cut the pieces and they tig welded the returns and deck supports, so I wouldn,t have to put screws in from the outside of the end plates. I wish I had a camera to show the finished plates. Also I had agood friend that worked at the machine shop, big plus. But I will try to borrow a camera from somebody and post your request. Sorry again for the late response. Rick