Bridge and saddle

Solid Body Steels, Reso, Weissenborn...
neatlick

Bridge and saddle

Post by neatlick »

I know that BRASS is very good for this part, aluminum also, BUT how is STAINLESS STEEl for this part. I know it's har to work with, how about sustain. Any that have try?? Looking forward for to see a result.
MSA Vintage XL Pedal Steel Guitar, National Trojan Resophonic, Fender P-bass, Bell S8 Lap Steel
azureskys

Re: Bridge and saddle

Post by azureskys »

In my opinion stainless will give you a brighter sound , brass is more mellow but still offers the best sound with aluminum offering a more not so bright as brass sound but still very acceptable in terms as to what pleases the ear, ive used all three , its what you wanna hear that counts , you can mix them up if you want lets say a brass bridge with an aluminum nut or vice versa , trying different things and see what you like most then go with that. Russ
neatlick

Re: Bridge and saddle

Post by neatlick »

Thank you, this get me thinking out of the box. Maybe a simple test lap steel there you can chang bridge and saddle quick. Like the ide. Be back..
MSA Vintage XL Pedal Steel Guitar, National Trojan Resophonic, Fender P-bass, Bell S8 Lap Steel