Drawings for 23" fretboard

Solid Body Steels, Reso, Weissenborn...
klcrump1

Drawings for 23" fretboard

Post by klcrump1 »

Hello eveyone:

I am new to the forum and just reached out to Allan for a copy of his fretboard drawings for a 23" scale fretboard. He advised that he does not currently have access to his computer but suggested I reach out to members who may have a copy and are willing to share. Allan assured me that he has no problem with anyone passing them on. If anyone is willing, they can be sent to klcrump@aol.com

thank you
Bent

Re: Drawings for 23" fretboard

Post by Bent »

Hi klcrump1.. Welcome to the forum! Whats your first name?

Is it the fret spacing you are after? If so there are a myriad of fret calculators on the web. Here is one of them:
http://www.stewmac.com/FretCalculator
Also, or fellow forumite Burt posted a mathematical formula on here , if you would like to look back in the various threads.
Bent
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

"Hey" - klcrump1 -

I must second Bent's recommendation of StewMac's fret calculator.

In years past, I have labored with things like the "rule of 18" and the "twelfth root of 2" but heartily endorse any interactive solution to such problems. There's nothing like plugging in a couple of numbers and having the answers posted in a mere second. This is the main reason why I have trumpeted the ease with which one can arrive at things like tension and string breaking strength on LiutaioMottola's website.

Don't hesitate to use it. It's painless.

Richard
Paul Lafountaine

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Hi,

I've been using a little program called Wfret to calculate fret spacings, works great. You can choose your scale length, number of frets, and you can choose your measurements in inches or mm. Just do a google search and you will find it.

Happy building and good luck,

Paul
banjo980

Post by banjo980 »

I think the most acurate way is to use a freeware CAD software and enter the fret spacings... print, glue the paper on the fretboard and saw (after checking of course:-))
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

klcrump1 wrote:Hello eveyone:

I am new to the forum and just reached out to Allan for a copy of his fretboard drawings for a 23" scale fretboard. He advised that he does not currently have access to his computer but suggested I reach out to members who may have a copy and are willing to share. Allan assured me that he has no problem with anyone passing them on. If anyone is willing, they can be sent to klcrump@aol.com

thank you
Hi kl,
You can find printable pdfs of several scales at my website, scroll down to the "Fret Layout Guide" and select the two pdfs. They assemble into two pages that have accurate templates for several scale lengths, including the 23" you are looking for.
http://www.bluestemstrings.com/pageBanj ... Tips1.html