I can feel new 8 string comming on...

Solid Body Steels, Reso, Weissenborn...
Paul Higgins

I can feel new 8 string comming on...

Post by Paul Higgins »

Hi all
as I am still learning the six string... my thoughts are looking forward to a nice 8 string..
looks like im hooked.. ( dont tell my wife )
Regards paul
Allan

Re: I can feel new 8 string comming on...

Post by Allan »

Told ya!
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Bent

Post by Bent »

And after that it will be a 10 string with 3 pedals and 4 knee levers. ;)
This hobby will do that to ya!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

go for it dont wait :D
Paul Higgins

Post by Paul Higgins »

Hi Guys,
Yea I hate to say it but you are right..I think the only prob is finding 8 string pick up in UK...
I have an idea that im going to incorpatrate in the new one..

I have this thing my son made like an head phone amp..it plugs into the socket and the headphones into that..but is all in one lead at the mo and takes 2 x 9v bats. which I have to unplug when not in use.. so I can put the bats into a cavitry with on off switch.
will save a load of wire's hanging around......

I have been reading about the humbuckers in pairs..Can this be done on a steel ???

Also a recap on my other guitar quick refresh...I had the wrong cap..I have now got the right ones 0.022 and it dose make a differance more control on the tone now...

Regards Paul and yea think it might be right 10 string and then on and on we go !!
Bent

Post by Bent »

When you say humbuckers in pairs, do you mean two pickups on one neck, like a stereo effect?
Yes, those are used on steels, however they are rather rare. I also question are they really necessary?

As to your difficulty in obtaining an 8 str pickup in Britain, I have an idea. For now, just lets say you send me an email thru the forum here and I'll explain what I have in mind.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Paul Higgins

Post by Paul Higgins »

Hi Bent..
I have sent you an email:
regarding the humbuckers, Yes they where for neck and bridge..I just wondered as I saw them advertized as a pair.. Time for practice at the mo has been very tight altho I have priced a volume pedal so that is an other step..things will quiten down in a few weeks so will have more time..the time i have had Im trying to get my head arount the theory side..

I called in to the libary today but they had nothing on music theory; what Im finding on the internet is either too basic or too much the other way...
speak to you soon Regards Paul
Paul Higgins

Post by Paul Higgins »

Bent wrote:When you say humbuckers in pairs, do you mean two pickups on one neck, like a stereo effect?
Yes, those are used on steels, however they are rather rare. I also question are they really necessary?

As to your difficulty in obtaining an 8 str pickup in Britain, I have an idea. For now, just lets say you send me an email thru the forum here and I'll explain what I have in mind.
Hello Bent
I have sent a reply to your email..Hope you got it ok
Regards Paul