Lap or legs?

Solid Body Steels, Reso, Weissenborn...
Allan

Lap or legs?

Post by Allan »

I have seen many steels mounted on three legs that look like they may have started out as lap steels. What I would like comment on is this: If the same instrument is used on legs and also on the lap, is there a definable difference in tone and sustain?

I would particularly like to hear from anyone who has experience of this.

Thanks, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Bill Ladd

Re: Lap or legs?

Post by Bill Ladd »

I play a Fender Pro Dual 8. No difference that I've ever noticed between legs and lap.
PELEKONA

Post by PELEKONA »

Allen ,I play different lap steel's, and one console that was on legs, all of them I play on a stand called a (Quik Lok) I think was ment for a keyboard,
I have found this the best as I play seated and prefer the firmness of the stand over legs, it has 21/2" rubber feet on eack of the 4 corners,that I can place my feet on 2 of them when playing.
I definately prefer this to legs. and I feel the tone and sustain are better with this stand.
Regards, PELEKONA.
Allan

Post by Allan »

Thanks for the input guys.

I placed the same request for input on the other forum and got response there too.
Here is the link for anyone who is interested.

Regards, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!