D8 Stringmaster style build.....

Solid Body Steels, Reso, Weissenborn...
tonewheelkev

D8 Stringmaster style build.....

Post by tonewheelkev »

Hi Folks!

Hoping to do a D8 Stringmaster style build here in the UK....and wondered if there are any plans, drawings, dimensions out there to help me get started...!?

Any help/comments much appreciated.

Kev/Leeds/UK
maxi19

Re: D8 Stringmaster style build.....

Post by maxi19 »

Hi Kev,

Going by various photo's, I would guess the dimensions to be around 36" x 6" x 3". :)

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... f68fbb2f42

Good luck Ron Mc
tonewheelkev

Post by tonewheelkev »

maxi19 wrote:.......

Going by various photo's, I would guess the dimensions to be around 36" x 6" x 3". ......
Cheers....but I'm really wanting to avoid any guesswork....the plan's the thing!!!
Keith Cary

Post by Keith Cary »

I think it's a great project. Sorry I can't add any real info. If you have Lee Jeffriess' contact info from Steel Guitar Forum, try him. As I recall there are at least two scale lengths, 22.5" and 26". (Though I know you want to be original, which is laudable, I personally would split the difference between them and go for 23.5" or 24". But that's just me.) If you can find a good photo of one you can use the scale length as your Rosetta Stone for determining all the other dimensions.

I'll do a little more research to make sure I'm right about the two scale lengths.

Keith Cary
Keith Cary

Post by Keith Cary »

By the way, I've just recently heard that Kluson has reissued both the "ash tray" and the tuners. The pickups should be no problem, though make sure you get them "out of phase" because, when both on, they act as a humbucker.