Neck Selector Switch Or Not?

Solid Body Steels, Reso, Weissenborn...
joey

Neck Selector Switch Or Not?

Post by joey »

About to start designing a new D8 Console. I'm wondering whether to add a 3 position neck selector switch or not. If used, the switch would turn on each neck separately or middle position would have them both on/operating through amp.

Just wondering how many builders here would not bother using switch. I once played a D8 without neck selector switch and was picking up string sounds (vibrations) on unplayed neck as volume for that neck was left turned up and vibrations from playing other neck was causing the strings on unplayed neck to vibrate.

Personally, I think its a better option to have neck selector switch but as mentioned, just wondering how many dont use them in their D8 builds.
azureskys

Re: Neck Selector Switch Or Not?

Post by azureskys »

Switch is a good idea in my opinion
joey

Post by joey »

I prefer switch azureskys
Keith Cary

Post by Keith Cary »

Switch, absolutely.
Thiel Hatt

Post by Thiel Hatt »

I have a triple neck with two switches . One switch allows all three necks on at the same time and the other position routes the signal to a three way switch to select each neck independenly . The tone of the pickups sounds better when used independently rather than all of them on at the same time. I wouldn't have it any othe way.