Stringmasterism

Solid Body Steels, Reso, Weissenborn...
neke

Stringmasterism

Post by neke »

Hi All!

New to the forum, getting straight to the point:

I'm starting a Stringmaster-inspires build and have made a rough blueprint in Photoshop. In different layers (see the pics) I have routing, pickguard and cosmetics (finish, strings, bridges&nuts, etc...) just to get an idea of the final result.

What I'd like to ask, based on my blueprints, is there any pitfalls I should take into account? I tried my best to get the dimensions right, guess it still needs some fine tuning, but basically, to me it seems legit. There's some sidenotes in Finnish and the measurements are mostly metric, but I guess you'll get the idea..

I'm goin' to install the Alumitone Tonebar pickups with push/pull volume pot, hence the changes in routing and pickguard.

Any ideas/criticism/help/or plain insults are welcome, looking forward to get the things started!
Attachments
lap3.jpg
lap3.jpg (129.39 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
lap2.jpg
lap2.jpg (115.76 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
lap1.jpg
lap1.jpg (107.53 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
neke

Re: Stringmasterism

Post by neke »

Last blueprint pic...
Attachments
lap4.jpg
lap4.jpg (178.59 KiB) Viewed 1912 times
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

It all looks good Neke, the only 'pitfall' Iv'e found with building 'steels' is, it never seems to stop at one, there is always another idea, I am part way through my 3rd.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

best regards Ron Mc
neke

Post by neke »

I'm afraid you're right...already have a couple of ideas for leather covered EH-150 clone...