Ten String Gibson EH-150 Project

Solid Body Steels, Reso, Weissenborn...
Balsanova

Ten String Gibson EH-150 Project

Post by Balsanova »

I've started building a jumbo version of my previous build and started by drawing up my own plan based on information from a vintage guitar magazine. Although the original guitars were 22.5" scale I extended mine to 23 1/4". One of the prominent features of the Gibson jumbo acoustic guitars (J200) is the moustache bridge. I used a little "poetic license" to add a similar feature as a decorative bezel around the Alumitone pick up. It should be rather unique in this case.
Attachments
Tenstring1.JPG
Tenstring1.JPG (23.79 KiB) Viewed 12324 times
Tenstring8.JPG
Tenstring8.JPG (36.13 KiB) Viewed 12324 times
Tenstring6.JPG
Tenstring6.JPG (41.52 KiB) Viewed 12324 times
Balsanova

Re: Ten String Gibson EH-150 Project

Post by Balsanova »

The construction is now pretty much complete, except for drilling a few holes for various components. Unfortunately winter has arrived and I paint outside so that will have to wait until the return of warm weather. I'm very pleased with the way this project has turned out so far. I'm planning on an original-style sunburst paint scheme.
TenString.JPG
TenString.JPG (24.4 KiB) Viewed 12145 times
Paul Lafountaine

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Looks really good Chum. To bad the site does not have the action it had a few years ago. This was a real happening place for builders. I 've been following your build and I love it. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Balsanova

Post by Balsanova »

Paul Lafountaine wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:08 am Looks really good Chum. To bad the site does not have the action it had a few years ago. This was a real happening place for builders. I 've been following your build and I love it. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Sometimes "low action" can be good but not in this case :lol:
Balsanova

Post by Balsanova »

Here's the finished guitar:

10String.JPG
10String.JPG (41.9 KiB) Viewed 11740 times