a little art work

Finishing methods and saftey, inlay...
azureskys

a little art work

Post by azureskys »

a little art work on a steel might just wake it up a bit as far as looks go here is something you might consider , a friend of mine is an artist and she some wood burning on a dulcimer for me 9 pine cones and some mountains. Russ
azureskys

Re: a little art work

Post by azureskys »

i really like the wood strips , wood burning is a nice effect also i once did a flame job on a steel it came out real nice sold it real quick anyways just something to consider thans again . Russ
Bent

Post by Bent »

Russ, I love a bit of art work, especially when it is subtle and nice like the wood burning.

If you take a look at my photobucket, the blond steel, That is some work that my Daughter in law did. It is a copy of an old Norwegian tole art called Rose painting (if you look close you can see the roses and even a troll or 2) The fret board markers are all 'roses' from the rose painting style. Some people , including me, thought it was a tad to artsy and colorful; I wasn't going to do any more like that. But then Dave Seddon asked me if I could please have Jen work her magic on his guitar, of course I said yes!
I think maybe I will keep making the fret boards for my future guitars the same way...1/8" Walnut or maple sheets painted with those pretty flowers.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

I agree with you Bent i like art on an instrument , yes i seen on that guitar that you had some art on it and i love it , ask her for more she s very good and it adds to your instruments , the visual appeal of course it wont add to the sound but heck isnt the pedel steel a peice of art work anyway , you bet it is , Im working three right now and they will have art for sure . Russ