KEYHEAD CASTING

Finishing methods and saftey, inlay...
JW Adams

KEYHEAD CASTING

Post by JW Adams »

keyhead casting raw bottom, top starting to polish after sanding to 600 grit, i have discovered a few things after this, buy the thing polished, it is a pain.
phpWIEzw8AM.jpg
phpWIEzw8AM.jpg (75.75 KiB) Viewed 9375 times
bobby burns

Re: KEYHEAD CASTING

Post by bobby burns »

I have to agree. The polishing is more work than the casting part. Thats why the rough castings seem like such a bargain. Also, some imperfections don't show up until you start sanding (sometimes when you're almost done sanding). If you buy them polished, the supplier wastes his time instead of yours. This is also a valuable part of buying them polished. I cast some parts, and sometimes I have a hard time convincing folks that the polishing is worth what it costs. I would much rather sell a rough casting and not have to mess with it, but I know that most folks would be upset at the amount of work it takes to turn that casting into a part.
Bobby B

Post by Bobby B »

Where can you buy the polished heads?
BB
Casper

Post by Casper »

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I look forward to partisipating in the forum.

I too would like to know where Keyhead castings can be purchased. If anyone could provide that info it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Casper -
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Casper, Bobby, you should have posted this under "pedal steel guitar" heading it would get more exposeier. Sometimes E-Bay has steel parts, and some manufacturers sell parts. Post this under pedal steel guitar, you will probably get more help....Mike