We Had A Fire - All Is Lost

On or off Topic
richard37066

We Had A Fire - All Is Lost

Post by richard37066 »

I posted this over on the SGF but thought that I'd bring y'all up to date.

We had a fire last Friday. Nothing left. I won't bore you with all of the details except to say that my music room was first rate. A couple hundred of my prized vinyls are gone as are an equal number of CD's. My rack and all audio equipment are toast - really. Gone, too, is my Alvarez George Benson, GFI Ultra, my 45-year old classic guitar, NV112, Fender amp, tons of music, etc., etc., etc.. The 12-string Dekley that I've completely rebuilt from the ground up is, miraculously, a little scarred and tarnished but, with a ton of work, I may be able to bring it back to life.

Unable to do anything with the insurance company until Monday. Are about to go to Wally-World and stock up on eats, shorts, socks, shirts and such in order to make it through. At my son-in-law's since they are in California until the end of summer.

I'm using his computer to do online things so will be in touch.

Please have a much better day than we've had!

Richard
johan

Re: We Had A Fire - All Is Lost

Post by johan »

Hi richard I read your post today, what a disaster I wish you much strength. johan.
Jif

Post by Jif »

Richard, so sorry to hear that, I guess the main thing is that nobody was hurt.

I have a friend who's house was destroyed by fire one New Years night, he had a partner and 3 young kids at the time, they just made it out in time. However, everything was destroyed. He said the worst part is the memories you lose, all the pictures etc

Put's all our little daily troubles into perspective.

I wish you well in this difficult time.

Geoff
Last edited by Jif on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

God, Richard, you have my heartfelt sympathy, we are just glad you are okay.

Thinking of you

Ron Mc
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Richard , sorry to hear about your lose, I hope your insurance co takes care of things for you, I wish the best for you Richard. Russ
Bent

Post by Bent »

Richard, So sorry to read about your accident. But thank goodness that Shirley and you weren't hurt. I do hope the insurance co comes thru for you 100%. I guess we both are accident prone. A week ago, a car ran a stop sign and I plowed into him. Thank god no injuries to speak of, and since I had no blame, the ins co is coming thru with flying colors.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Bent -

You probably misunderstood my original post. I didn't have an accident - My HOUSE BURNED DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the consideration. I 'Preciate it.
Bent

Post by Bent »

Richard, I know Your house burned down...how could that be misunderstood?? I called it an accident, since it is accidental every time a house burns...
I do however understand how devastating it can be both for body, mind and possessions to have something like this happen. I hope you forgive my unintentional use of "wrong" words.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Bent, my friend -

As I'm fond of telling Shirley - don't sweat the little stuff! A misunderstanding of words is a common occurance and nuthin' to really get excited about. We'll be buddies through whatever is thrown at us. I'm mindful of the fact that I've met such as you on this forum who will provide support during bad times. For that, I'm appreciative.

There's an outside chance that I can restore - again - the Dekley. It'll take some time as I'll be living in one place and either have to transport my tools or buy new. We'll see. It'll keep me busy - for awhile, at least.

Richard