Greetings One and All

On or off Topic
Eldon

Greetings One and All

Post by Eldon »

I've been out of the picture although I lurk once and a while. Haven't touched my steel for 2 months. Probably the biggest negative was the setup/tuning time I carry the sound equipment for our non-commercial 6 piece group and I really didn't need one more thing. It was however an absolute treat to rub shoulders with you folks while building the steels that I did. Learning is a cumulative exercise and we should never stop doing it.

Took the plunge this fall and installed a midi in my first love, the accordion. I had an old Cordovox 215 that was once just a bad fingering accordion with bad electronic sounds. The only thing I liked about it were the accoustic reeds. I stripped the electronics and only used what was needed of them so now I have a stomach steinway that can talk to keyboards etc, it's a real interesting journey.

After probably way too many years of commercial giging locally, my bride and I are doing a lot of 1 hour duos and 6 piece gigs for local seniors homes (it's payback time - most of these folks paid to have me play for them and besides we get home before 2 am).

Great to see the new members on the board, keep at it guys you've come to the right place. Also see the guys that really helped me are still at it and contributing.

By the way, Bent, it looks like your guitars just keep improving, scary stuff.

No promises but I may add a few thinks now and then.

Warmest regards to all, Eldon
Music is what feelings sound like!

Eldon