Xavier-A Musical Talent

On or off Topic
Paul Lafountaine

Xavier-A Musical Talent

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Most of the folks on the forum have fallowed Xavier's build of his National replica. However, a lot of you do not know that he is a very talented gentleman. I know he plays the dobro, banjo, and a few other instruments, plus the lap steel that he built. Xavier has sent me a few links to a site were he has placed some tunes that he has performed. I will not post the links, but I think we should encourage him to do this. I was talking to him the other day and told him if he didn't post them I would start a petition to have him do this. So if you want to hear a talented man, please ask him to submit his music to the forum, you will not be disappointed.

I told you I would do this Xavier. Ha Ha You are very talented my friend.

Paul
harry sibum

Re: Xavier-A Musical Talent

Post by harry sibum »

Hello Paul,

That's a great initiative! I followed Xavier's project intensely, looking each and every day for new pictures. From the start I felt that this project would turn out as a success, and so it did, right?
So, Xavier, please let us hear what your instrument, and yourself, are sounding like.
And, be sure that your next project will be outraging: I shall check on you every day how far you are. So DON'T DISAPPOINT me and a lot of other nice fellows here!

Harry Sibum, BOSKOOP, The Netherlands
destroying guitars since 1960, restoring guitars since 1995
Paul Lafountaine

Hi Harry,

Let me start this by saying, you ain't much, if you ain't Dutch! When I worked for the UN in Bosnia 1994 and 1995. I worked with some folks from the Dutch Signals Unit. Very good people. Have a lot of good memories of those days.

Yes I think we all should ask Xavier to post his tunes on the site. He has forwarded some tunes to me and has told me to feel free to post them, but I think he should do it on his own. He plays as good as he builds and he builds GOOD.

Lets go Xavier!

Paul
Paul Lafountaine

I expect Bent, Russ, Richard, and Eldon to chine in on this as well. Lets give a warm round of applause for Xavier Baron.

Not only does he build, But he plays great.
Bent

Post by Bent »

I have told Xavier in person what a fine player he is and I appeal to you Xavier...provide us with a link to your tunes.
Thanks my man!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
banjo980

Post by banjo980 »

Well, Paul, ( :evil: :) ) you won.
My english is really poor, and I cant tell what I feel...
Shame on me! :oops: I'm NOT a great player... I play alone for myself, just for fun... even if I played the 5strings banjo in a irish band (No bluegrass band in Reunion Island, where I lived some years ago!)
Sure you'll be disappointed.
My lap steel records are poor (I still don't master the strings blocking!!! Horrible on "Harbor lights"'s intro :oops:
I play alone for myself (and hope my kid, 4 YO will follow:-))

Well, the good thing is that... maybe you could help me correct my play, I' didn't have any teacher!

So, you can hear the tunes I recorded here, more to come, still just for fun:
http://www.soudcloud.com/banjo980

Xavier
Paul Lafountaine

Thanks Xavier,

Your tunes have inspired me to slip on the finger picks, grab the bar, turn up the amp, and drive my wife and dog nuts.

As for the palm blocking it is all practice and I need far more practice than you!

Have a good day and I am sure everyone will enjoy your playing.

Paul
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Its all in the touch Xavier and you have that touch my friend, i was impressed by your build and now im impressed by your musicianship as well. Russ
banjo980

Post by banjo980 »

Thank you my friends for the kind words :-)

I updated "harbor lights" as my pickblocking and vibrato techniques are a very little better every day.
This time I used a guitar rig 5 setup
Which sound do you prefer? I think that finding a good lap steel sound is really difficult...

Xavier
Dave-M

Post by Dave-M »

All I see at soudcloud is third party adverts, and a note that it is for sale!
Conceive, believe, achieve!