New Project Maybe? 10 String E9 Lap

On or off Topic
azureskys

Re: New Project Maybe? 10 String E9 Lap

Post by azureskys »

c6 is a good tuning ,lots of music in that tuning, had a thought, would a split tuning be possible with 8 strings?there is all sorts of possibilities as to which tuning youd like to do Paul.Something to give thought to is how many chords can i get at any given fret anyways just some thoughts or ideas to think about .
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Bent -

I misread your post. I apologize profusely. My bad.

Richard
Bent

Post by Bent »

Richard - nothing to apologize for- and profusely? no way!
Just got to thinking...hows the idea of a couple of palm pedals on a lap steel (like the b-bender on a six string guitar) Maybe a wrist lever as well?
Or does this wreck the principle of a lap steel? Maybe the hands would be just too busy.
You might argue, build a pedal steel if you want pedals! I couldn't disagree :-)
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Dave-M

Post by Dave-M »

Don't forget those guitars that use a neck strap, and can pull a string with it. Good for 6th to dom 7th!!!

Also, if using C6th, A9th, E13th, or similar tuning, what is a good top note, numerically speaking? On an 8-string G-major pedal I built, I have a 1 on top (11 gauge), and find it quite handy. I had to change the key to suit the highest string gauge.
Conceive, believe, achieve!