"Elizabeth, I feel the big one comin' on!"

On or off Topic
richard37066

"Elizabeth, I feel the big one comin' on!"

Post by richard37066 »

Those who remember the old Sanford & Son Tv show know that ol' fred would feign a massive heart attack when things got a little too dicey in his world.

Well, in my world, a funny, unexpected thing happened a couple of nights ago. Saturday night I felt a pressure and some minor pain in my chest. It went away in about 15 minutes so I promptly brushed it off. Sunday night the same thing - except that it wouldn't go away and I couldn't get back to sleep. Since my momma didn't raise no fool, I dialed 911 and, in no time, was on my way to the hospital. Seems that I was in the middle of a minor heart attack. The end result is that there was little, if any heart damage, and I had to go through that angioplasty (?) thing where they stick a tube up one of your veins and poke around in the veins close to the heart. Was released shortly after 3 this afternoon - Monday - and am at home doing my usual things albeit with weak knees and no energy.

Should be on the mend for a couple of days with a follow up visit to my cardiologist in a couple of days. Hopefully, he'll let me return to work - need the money, don't you know.

All's I can say to those who are gettin' to be 'ol folk like me is to not to screw around if there's something amiss in or around your ticker.

This does nothing by way of contributing to the betterment of the PSG but I thought that my buddies here on the forum would like to know.

Mentally, I'm still the incorrigible, curmudgeon as always.

Just to let ya know.

Respectfully,

Richard
Georg

Re: "Elizabeth, I feel the big one comin' on!"

Post by Georg »

Stay positive.
Dave L

Post by Dave L »

Nothing to mess around with for sure, heed the waring signs and get medical attention fast, sure glad you did, would miss your keen eye and detailed analysis and incorrigible curmudgeon ways. wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.
Dave
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

Hi Richard, i hope everything goes well with you . Russ