Rusty Walker's D12 ShoBud

On or off Topic
mac639

Rusty Walker's D12 ShoBud

Post by mac639 »

Something that bothers me occasionally. I was a friend of Rusty Walker since we were 10 years old. He was actually Bernie Dunn but changed his name when he started playing on the road with George Hamilton IV. Some of you Canadian guys would probably have known him. He was one of the best C6th players around these parts. Of course he passed away a couple of years ago. I often wonder what ever happened to his D12 ShoBud that Shot made especially for him a long time ago. I've never been able to "find" his wife to tactfully ask her. I just wonder if any of yu guys have any insight into this.
Thanks,
Mac
Tommy Mark

Re: Rusty Walker's D12 ShoBud

Post by Tommy Mark »

Hi Mac, Rusty was a dear friend of mine ,having played together in the same band for 10 years . I am a lead/ dobro player by trade and a closet steel player. Rustys D12 is still in his wife Julies care, however she has expressed an interest to sell it. I travelled a lot of roads with Rusty and still think of him and miss him dearly. In his later years he played a S12 that he built . This guitar was made of pine. Any how just wanted to drop you a note and say hello. All the best.

Tom
pastor bruce kiser

Post by pastor bruce kiser »

sure would like to see photos of that pine guitar! are there any?
pastor bruce
Tommy Mark

Post by Tommy Mark »

I`ll have a look Bruce. It was not the prettiest guitar , but it worked very well and was fairly stable as far as tuning goes. Of course Rusty could make a steel made of cardboard sound good lol. Thanks for the reply I`ll have a look for a photo or two.

Tom