Stupid question

On or off Topic
Fred Wright

Stupid question

Post by Fred Wright »

I'm back! I can't believe it, but it has been almost a year since my last post due to my promoting "Man of Steel," and working on another PSG celebrity book. (N0, sorry, I can't disclose his name, yet.) :roll:
Anyway, when I last wrote I was building a double-neck cabinet, which I completed and it is still sitting on my shop bench waiting for me to return. Oh, well.
But now to my "stupid question." I have a craving to own a Emmons Push-pull 1970's model, but of course they are very expensive, if you can find one. So, the only alternative I can come up with is to find construction plans of this guitar indicating exactly what was used (cabinet wood, size, etc., etc.) in order to duplicate it as close as possible, hoping to get a similar sound. Also, by doing this, I can take my time buying one or two pieces at a time, thus making it easier to be able to afford it.
Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Fred
mac639

Re: Stupid question

Post by mac639 »

That would be a pretty ambitious project for sure. I seriously doubt that any construction plans for a guitar like that are out there anywhere, but hey, what do I know.
Of course you could always sell your car and buy a Promat, folks say it's pretty close to an Emmons push/pull

Cheers,
Mac
Fred Wright

Re: Stupid question

Post by Fred Wright »

Mac,
Thanks for your reply. I may have to sell my car if I can't get any help.
Fred