how to make end plates

On or off Topic
louckswayne

how to make end plates

Post by louckswayne »

Hi guys,
Its me again with more questions. I need a crash course on how to make end plates.
I was able to locate some hard maple right hear in my home town, but I will make
end plates first. Please help!
Thanks again
Wayne
Bent

Re: how to make end plates

Post by Bent »

Wayne, there are basically 3 ways: You make yourself a little home foundry and cast them, after casting you machine them. Or you can machine them out of a solid hunk of 2X4 aluminum, or you can get some 1/4"X4" aluminum and cut the different pieces to shape and have a welder weld them together. This method also requires some 1"X1" square bar for the leg sockets. Weld suitable pieces into both corners of the end plate and bore holes for tapping at a 10 degree angle.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
louckswayne

Re: how to make end plates

Post by louckswayne »

Bent wrote:Wayne, there are basically 3 ways: You make yourself a little home foundry and cast them, after casting you machine them. Or you can machine them out of a solid hunk of 2X4 aluminum, or you can get some 1/4"X4" aluminum and cut the different pieces to shape and have a welder weld them together. This method also requires some 1"X1" square bar for the leg sockets. Weld suitable pieces into both corners of the end plate and bore holes for tapping at a 10 degree angle.
Bent
Thanks very much for your help!
Wayne