It's not a steel but check it out.

On or off Topic
Allan

It's not a steel but check it out.

Post by Allan »

This website is from a guy in Germany. My brother sent me the link and I am still cleaning the drool off my chin and keyboard. Check out the quality of the workmanship on these instruments.

Ritter Instruments
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Bent

Re: It's not a steel but check it out.

Post by Bent »

Very impressive! But 7200 EUR...that's about $10000
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Georg

Post by Georg »

About $11,700.- ... sure wish I could afford one.
mac639

Post by mac639 »

On the same subject sort of.... I was just looking on the SGF and someone in Switzerland is making pedal steels. The prices are way out of most folks range I think. S10 about $5800.00, S12 about $6800.00, D10 about $9400.00

I must be working for nothing!!
Bent

Post by Bent »

Mac, Prices seem out of this world when we compare to Canadian/American prices. First off, those prices are likely with the VAT (HST etc) included.
Then, materials are usually higher. Also, people put a higher value on their work. Here, everything is calculated off of the minimum wage. In the developed countries in Europe there is no such thing. Fact is, people make way more on average than here in North America. The result of higher prices for materials, higher VAT, and higher wages, the steel guitars just have to be higher priced.

I would agree to a point that the Schild steel is a tad high. But taking everything into consideration I would say that the D10 should be at least CAN$7500 - 8000.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Bent wrote:Mac, Prices seem out of this world when we compare to Canadian/American prices. First off, those prices are likely with the VAT (HST etc) included.
Then, materials are usually higher. Also, people put a higher value on their work. Here, everything is calculated off of the minimum wage. In the developed countries in Europe there is no such thing. Fact is, people make way more on average than here in North America. The result of higher prices for materials, higher VAT, and higher wages, the steel guitars just have to be higher priced.

I would agree to a point that the Schild steel is a tad high. But taking everything into consideration I would say that the D10 should be at least CAN$7500 - 8000.
Darn Bent! now you tell me... :( :( :( i under sold my last built :cry:

Pat C :)
Georg

Post by Georg »

Pat Comeau wrote:Darn Bent! now you tell me... :( :( :( i under sold my last built :cry:
You probably did... :)

Bent got it about right. We earn more, have higher taxes and also pay more for everything over in Europe - apart from the cheap goods we get from America and other "cut-cost" parts of the world.

A PSG built in Norway would likely cost even more than one produced in central Europe, since we Norwegians are pretty much on top when it comes to income, cost and taxes. Still we manage to develop, produce and sell all kinds of top-notch stuff to other countries based mainly on product-quality, so we can support our own high standard of living ... a little longer than others.