Fast???

On or off Topic
Bent

Fast???

Post by Bent »

Tomorrow at 3 I have to go and have a procedure done. This requires me to fast all day today and tomorrow. I haven't had a bite to eat since 9 last night. That means I will be fasting for 44 hours total.
I wonder why they call it fast when time is going slower than molasses in January???

Already too hungry and light headed to get any work done. :?
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Allan

Re: Fast???

Post by Allan »

Nothing to major I hope Bent. I do know how you feel. I have frequent blood work done and have to do some fasting for that. Generally it is just 24 hours with an occasional longer one. But I like my food as well as need it! No fair...

Good luck for tomorrow good buddy.

Regards, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Bent

Post by Bent »

Thanks Allan, No its just a colonoscopy...just a back-up procedure to another related thing I had done 6 weeks ago. Doc is the thorough type of guy and wants to be 100% sure. And why not..here it's free.
The boredom kills...I don't want to expend too much energy by working in the shop etc. I know I'll be weak come tomorrow.
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
George Price

Post by George Price »

44hours? That is weird because when I had mine done I had to fast for 24 hours. I had to drink that gallon of stuff that clears your colon prior to the colonoscopy and the procedure itself took only 15 minutes.
You will be worn out when you get home though.

Good luck tomorrow.

P.S

Don't take any over the counter medicine before the test. Only prescribed medicine, and if you have any doubt, be sure to call your primary care doctor.
Bent

Post by Bent »

Nothing weird about it..Its just that the appointment isn't til 3 pm.
I went thru all what I could and could not take, with my doctor.
All I want now it to get it over with so I can have a nice dinner tonight .
Eldon

Post by Eldon »

All the best Bent. Good thing it's free, I'm not so sure I'd like to pay for something like that.
Music is what feelings sound like!

Eldon
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Hi Bent, i know what you're going through, i've been there and done the same 5 years ago and i have to get it done again this year , we have colon cancer in our family... and we have to get tested every five years, my father had a tumor and now he has a bag for his needs...my older brother also had to have laser treatments to burn some little bump in his intestines, the last time i went i was free of any..., drinking that stuff is worst then the procedure ...yark... :oops: , good luck my friend and hope everything is ok with your results ;)
Bent

Post by Bent »

Pat, thanks for your kind words.
My friends, I want to report form my procedure yesterday: Everything went well. I followed along on a big screen as the doc did his thing. To me everything looked clean and healthy. More importantly, the doc said everything is fine, not a sign of cancer, polyps or anything abnormal. That is great news for a 63 yr old!

Just after we got home, our daughter and grandson showed up with a bbq'ed chicken and fixins. Y'all can imagine how good that tasted! After 44 hours of nothing, it was the best meal I ever had!

So, now it's back to the work bench.
I want to thank you all for your kind concern.
Bent
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

good to hear the probe was good and no aliens were found...... :D ..you were in our prayers..
Allan

Post by Allan »

Good stuff Bent. Very pleased it went well. No one likes the dreaded bung-hole camera.

Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!