Why are things so quiet here?

On or off Topic
Paul Lafountaine

Why are things so quiet here?

Post by Paul Lafountaine »

Hey folks,

I tell you, since I have been on this forum, things are really quiet here. What are we still hiding from the cold winter we just passed? That was a real nasty b*&ch Eh? Anyway it is time to get things rolling again. Here is a video from youtube. Who is the steel player in this video and if anyone has a tab for it just post it. We have to get things rolling on this forum again. I hope to post some pictures before the end of the week of the pedal steel I am working on. I started this about a year ago or so but had to stop due to a flood in my basement and a few health issues. Things are going good now so lets build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PvvIL-bLo

Paul
jonsey

Re: Why are things so quiet here?

Post by jonsey »

Hi Paul
Yes it sure is quiet on here ,I just joined recently after browesing for quite a while . I had tried to join before but it wouldent let me in , finaly made it I have a shobud that i tinker with and I am building a 12 string . Some day i will try to post some pictures if I can learn how .I make parts for forum members when I can ,like knee levers and bell cranks or whatever is needed.I am glad you posted something I thought I was the only one on this forum Gary Jones :)
Paul Lafountaine

Jonsey, great to hear from ya! Let's see if we can wake up some of the old folks around here. Hey Bent, you still alive. Russ, how you doing? Come to life guys. This is a great forum so lets keep it going.

Jonsey post some pictures of the work you have done. if you need help with the pictures you want to post, send them to me, and I will post for you Buddy. Enjoy helping out.
maxi19

Post by maxi19 »

Hi Paul and Jonesy,

yes the forum does appear to have been extremely quiet for quite a while, I posted mid april as there was a request for some info on my changers but I haven't seen much since then.

Best Regards to all Ron Mc
Paul Lafountaine

Hi Ron, I saw your post regarding your changer. That looks pretty sweet. I have printed out a copy of your design and will use some of it in my project. Have you installed it yet on your project and how is it working out? Keep up the good work and keep on posting.

Paul
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

I check in every once in awhile myself , I have two steels I been working on , however they have been setting , I recently have a new project going on , A t bucket is taking up space now , so ive been working on getting that going I got a rolling chassis and im working on getting it all together but my two steel guitars are there waiting . ;)
ljs

Post by ljs »

Hi All, Before I retired most people that had already retired would say, "How did I ever manage to go to work for eight hours a day, and still get anything done at home, meaning they are busier than they were when they worked. For me that is so true. I try to check in here every couple of days but with a "honey-do" list, and 6 grand children, and all of my other duties,.....well the days just aren't long enough :) . I have an eight string lap steel that I started about 4 years ago, and it still isn't completed. When I first retired I made three of them in a years time, and built and added 3 pedals and a vertical knee lever to my s-10 GFI in the second year, but now I just can't get the time (or motivation) ;) to finish that 8 string. I did just bring home a new Grizzly G0759 mill this weekend, and have the power feed for it ordered coming and hope to get it set-up up and running in a few weeks, but I have to knock down my honey-do list a bit first. Anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :lol:
LaVern
George Price

Post by George Price »

Jonsey...........please check your email.
jonsey

Post by jonsey »

George Price wrote:Jonsey...........please check your email.
PM SENT
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Paul;
I believe it is Don Warden, he was Porter Wagoner's steel player for quite a while. Google or Bing, Porter Wagoner or Don Warden, their is a lot of info there. I will agree it has been quiet for quite a while.They are either building their beautiful machines or catching up with what winter left... I have been trying to do the same thing... Later Mike