pieces that connect bell cranks to pull rods on MSAs

Links and info on wood, parts, design and plans, tools...
Jeff Plaisance

pieces that connect bell cranks to pull rods on MSAs

Post by Jeff Plaisance »

what are these called and where can you get them? i've bought them from jim palenscar before and i think linkon has them but i'm gonna need a lot of them. i couldn't find them in mcmaster carr but i'm really not sure what they're called so i might have not been looking in the right place.
Bent

Re: pieces that connect bell cranks to pull rods on MSAs

Post by Bent »

HI Jim,
Don't know where you are but here in Canada I get them from Spaenaur in Kitchener Ont. (www.spaenaur.com)
If you are in the US, a safe bet would be mcmastercarr.com.
If you only need a few, let me know. I have a few too many since I am switching to different bellcranks.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Pat Comeau

Re: pieces that connect bell cranks to pull rods on MSAs

Post by Pat Comeau »

Hi Jeff,
if you're talking about the (Round tapped brass spacers )...i've ordered some for my second build from the same place Bent mentioned but for my last build i've made and built my own from 2" brass spacer that i bought from a electronic store when i was in Montreal, i've paid $12.75 plus tax at spaenaur for 25 compared to 8 cents a piece for a 2" long in Montreal and i can make 5 piece out of it for 3/8" bellcranks :) , the only thing i had to do was to cut them to 3/8" and tap the end to the set screw size i was using, i saved alot of money , :) but i might eventualy change my bellcrank design like Bent said and go with the spring holder type.

Pat C.