Tuners...

Links and info on wood, parts, design and plans, tools...
Allan

Tuners...

Post by Allan »

Don't beat me up over this question please!
I know I have seen this somewhere but I can't find where. Might be as simple as using the wrong word to search...

I am trying to locate a tuning machine set with shorter than normal posts. The object is to be able to get a straight pull on a guitar with 11/32" string spacing. (8 strings, four on a side)
I am not interested in re-working existing machines. I know these things exist - this is sooooo frustrating!

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Regards, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
michaelm

Re: Tuners...

Post by michaelm »

Allan, you probably already know this, but just in case you don't, here goes . . .

StewMac has full dimensions for all of the tuning machines that they carry in both the paper catalog and on the website:

http://www.stewmac.com

Second thought: If it's four on a side, have you looked at mandolin tuners? Eight in a set and just a bit smaller than guitar tuners.

HTH and good luck finding what you're looking for.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Allan

Post by Allan »

michaelm wrote:Allan, you probably already know this, but just in case you don't, here goes . . .

StewMac has full dimensions for all of the tuning machines that they carry in both the paper catalog and on the website:

http://www.stewmac.com

Second thought: If it's four on a side, have you looked at mandolin tuners? Eight in a set and just a bit smaller than guitar tuners.

HTH and good luck finding what you're looking for.
Thanks for the response. I will check out StewMac if I have to but I know I have seen exactly what I am looking for advertised specifically for use in steel guitar heads for the reason I mentioned. If I can't find them then I will go through what is available.
Again, thanks for your input...
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Allan

Post by Allan »

I found what I needed, thanks to all who read my request...
Only nuts eat squirrels.