Gilmerwood

Links and info on wood, parts, design and plans, tools...
larry
Site Admin

Gilmerwood

Post by larry »

http://www.gilmerwood.com/

Just received my first order from these guys. Good quality and I was happy with the price.
Allan

Re: Gilmerwood

Post by Allan »

Ah! I have been looking at their website. Don't they sell off the top of the pile? There's a bit of luck involved in what you get, if I remember right. What did you buy? I think I might be looking for some hard rock maple soon.

Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
larry
Site Admin

Re: Gilmerwood

Post by larry »

Allan, when I called I asked specifically if the instrument wood pictured was what I would receive. I was able to specify by the pictures what I was ordering and I received exactly what was in the picture on their web site.

I ordered some Black Limba and some maple and wenge strips for a through neck. I was definitely happy with the quality. The Limba did not have any cracks (like I've seen in many other cuts) and the maple and wenge were clean and clear.

However, on my next order I will ask them to pack a bit better. It arrived just wrapped and taped in one layer of thin cardboard. I was lucky there was no damage.

-L