Raise Lower Levers Material

Links and info on wood, parts, design and plans, tools...
Scott Howard

Re: Raise Lower Levers Material

Post by Scott Howard »

Bill
I just looked in the electrical section until I found something long enough . Ace is normally a little higher priced than Lowe's and it was 2.49 and will make 2 complete scissors . I will make a trip to Lowe's latter this week and see what they call it and pick up a few more. I have one done except for the rivet . Scott
Attachments
Nov22392.JPG
Nov22392.JPG (91.92 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Nov22395.JPG
Nov22395.JPG (85.07 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Bent

Post by Bent »

Certainly looks good Scott.
Tell me how you make them: What tools you use and the actual procedure from A to Z
Just wondering, cause this was one of the most ignorant things for me to make.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Allan

Post by Allan »

Just a small point... I did dummy up a couple of changer scissors mechanisms when I started playing with the idea of building a steel. However, in my ignorance, I made them by cutting them out of a length of aluminum angle so the 'bend' was already there, if that makes sense. I found that to be quick and easy.

Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

I just mark it out leaving a ear extra long for the bend. Took it to the band saw and cut it out. at that point I put it in the vise with the ear up and the main section even with the top of the vise. Gently tap the ear over to make the 90 degree bend . I did the marking and drilling of all holes after the bend was done . Then you can trim any extra off and finish shaping it .

Real easy to do with just a band saw , drill press, center punch ,Grinder and a file. I have 4 to make for my project. I use a smaller rod than factory on the MSA. Most thing get better each time you make one. This one turned out good for my first try at it but I may save it for my pattern and make several more. Scott
Eldon

Post by Eldon »

There are square box covers available without the center knockout if you look around. You might be able to get an extra lever out of them.
Music is what feelings sound like!

Eldon