Plating Vendors?

Links and info on wood, parts, design and plans, tools...
Bill Ladd

Plating Vendors?

Post by Bill Ladd »

I'm planning on using Burt's suggestion for shaped steel bellcranks to match the two I already have. I want to have them plated once I've bent and drilled everything. As far as I can tell, there are no platers here in town.

Do any of y'all have a preferred shop?

Thanks!
Bill
Bill Ladd

Re: Plating Vendors?

Post by Bill Ladd »

Anyone utilizing chrome/nickel platers? Anyone?
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Hi Bill, try to get in touch with Bill Stroud...he makes BJS slide bars he might know someone who does that. :)
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

That's a great idea. Will do. Thanks!
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

Check with people who build street rods or classic cars .
Has anyone seen the powdercoat chrome. I have not seen it but it may be worth checking out. I had a guy say it looked pretty good and it is a small enough setup for a at home guy to get into.

http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat_HiTech

The reflective chrome looks pretty good in the picture. If you click on the picture of the engine parts it enlarges it.

A trip to a local rod run may have a guy that does it at home and they normaly have some samples.
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Scott -- I do a lot of electrical work for a local powdercoater and he does work for me gratis.

Unfortunately that chrome powdercoat doesn't look much like chrome. Sure as hell looks good in the ads, though!!! :o
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

That is about what I thought and why I suggested to look at a sample . I know the spray can chrome is terrible but we still sell it at work . Hit a rod run some Saturday . Some body will know of someone .