Speedy Metals...

Links and info on wood, parts, design and plans, tools...
Allan

Speedy Metals...

Post by Allan »

Just a quick word for these guys.

I placed an order three days back via the 'net. I was in no particular hurry for the supplies since I won't be doing much in the shop for a few days due to this being the 'visiting' season. So, I went for the default (i.e cheapest) delivery option. The package arrived today and was well packed and in perfect condition.
Prices compare, within pennies, to Online Metals so no advantage there but it is always good to have an alternative supplier that comes with a good reputation.

Recommended...

Regards, Allan.....

Huh? You wanna know what? Oh, it's material for the pull-release changer that I have drawn up based on the information that I got on here, mainly from Burt's sketch.
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Bent

Re: Speedy Metals...

Post by Bent »

Allan, I can vouch for these guys.
Last summer when I was making my 2 steels, I needed the 303 stainless 3/32" pull rods. I priced them here at Metal Supermarket and since they claimed that it was a special order, they put a hefty price tag on the 64' of rod..$300!
I ordered then from speedy instead. They arrived 5 days later by UPS, neatly packaged in a cardboard tube Get this: I paid $55 for them including delivery, customs fees, everything!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

I had good results also with Speedy Metals . I ordered a 4' flat bar 3/8" x 3/4" to match factory knee levers on a MSA. I bought it on ebay from them . Quick shipping and exactly what I needed.

Bent
I always use 3/32 stainless , tig welding rods . Not sure if 303 but available local and I buy them by the pound. They are long enough for the longest pulls and I have never had any problems with them.
Bent

Post by Bent »

Scott, yes I should find a supplier for those and see how they work out price-wise. So...TIG rods eh? They come in about 3 ft lengths do they? No brand stamping on them I hope?
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

There is a stamp on each end with the size and yes 3' long , but plenty long enough after cutting the ends off , even for a MSA.