Cool fretboard tip with material from stewmac.com

Links and info on wood, parts, design and plans, tools...
pickgetter

Cool fretboard tip with material from stewmac.com

Post by pickgetter »

Here's a tip for a beautiful fretboard, for your steels.I've made several of these. Go to http://www.stewmac.com, and purchase a sheet of multi- layered ,pickguard material. $13.90 Black, white, black, white, black. plus shipping. 12", by 20" enough for, three fretboards. You can also give Steward MacMacDonald your scale length, and the number of frets, you want, and they will supply you with the exact , distance , to the thousandth, from the nut to each fret. Free!! Cut your fretboard , to size, and machine, on a milling machine(I use a desk top , bridgeport type machine, and using a i/16 end mill, just mill through the top black layer, until the beautiful white frets shows.. Then using a i/4 inch end mill, mill through the black top layer, at 3,5,7,9 12 ect. for your fretmarkers, and put in a drop of color of your choice. I replaced the two beat up metal fretboards, on my D-10 Sho-Bud, and they looked beautiful.
Francis
richard37066

Re: Cool fretboard tip with material from stewmac.com

Post by richard37066 »

Francis -

Have you got a pic or two? I'm refurbing an old Dekley and the fretboard is a visual abomination. Gotta get something else.

Richard