CAD parts

Tools, shop setup, jigs...
Allan

CAD parts

Post by Allan »

I have spent a little time over the last day or two creating some CAD drawings of tuners. These are from two types of tuners that I have on hand. I measured the various parts with a digital micrometer to make the drawings. I use this kind of thing at the design stage of an instrument just to make sure everything is going to fit.
Here is what I have right now although I expect the library to grow as I need more parts drawings.
Tuners.jpg
Tuners.jpg (25.66 KiB) Viewed 1508 times
I used to recreate stuff like this for each drawing but now realize how silly that is!
I will be doing a couple of sizes of potentiometers and an output socket next most likely and then a few types of commonly used control knobs.
They are saved to disk as *.SKD files and are 'grouped' before saving. I use them by importing them to a new layer and moving, copying, mirroring and rotating as needed for the drawing. They can then be 'ungrouped' and the parts not needed, erased as required.
If anyone wants a copy of the *.SKD files PM me with the email address to use and I will be pleased to send them to you.

Regards, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!