Santa's early, look what he brought me!

Tools, shop setup, jigs...
Ross Shafer

Santa's early, look what he brought me!

Post by Ross Shafer »

8,362 pound of fun....it even matches the jolly old guy's suit!
Attachments
Matsuura.JPG
Matsuura.JPG (202.93 KiB) Viewed 8865 times
azureskys

Re: Santa's early, look what he brought me!

Post by azureskys »

It aint fair i tell ya its just not fair , i want one too lololol :D im happy for ya buddy
Bent

Post by Bent »

Can't see what it is, covered up. I am guessing it's a CNC lathe?
Congrats my friend! May you spend many happy hours with this one!
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Thanks guys,

Bent: its a vertical machining center...kinda like your TOS, with a computer operating the coolant, tool changes, table and spindle movement.

I can't wait to get this thing hooked up so I can see if anything I learned in the CNC programming classes I've been taking this year stuck. I hope the electrician calls me back today!

We had some major fun getting this fat mutha in the shop! We tore apart the shop on Monday to make room for the machine as well as a path to get it to its spot (the shop looked like a bomb hit it!). Tuesday, I went and picked up the machine 90 miles away and got it into the shop (very long back killing day!). Yesterday we put the shop back together and we're back up and running. 3 days for a major shop overhaul. Thats some sort of record for me...I'm taking it easy today and plan to have a reunion with my beloved 30 min. afternoon nap.
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Ross -

Ya know what ya done done, don't ya?

Now we'll all be expecting a prodigious output of precision parts. Ya up to the challenge?

Richard
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

challenge? Sure, I guess...I mean all I have to do is throw aluminum and CAD files at this thing and it does the rest while I sit and count money right?