Favorite Power Tool ?

Tools, shop setup, jigs...
Scott Howard

Favorite Power Tool ?

Post by Scott Howard »

What is your Favorite Power Tool ? I have a small mill and lathe combo unit but I use a table top small band saw more than anything else . Just about 100.00 at Lowes and I replaced the blade with a metal blade. I bought it last Christmas and started using it this fall and I don't know how I did without it. I have made so many parts for my rebuilds with just the band saw and finishing it with a few hand tools. Granted I an not a machinest , but I can make something that will work. It seems I am a lot quicker to get the job done with the band saw. Scott
Allan

Re: Favorite Power Tool ?

Post by Allan »

What a question! I have a band saw, a table saw, a chop saw, an inverted pin router, a spindle sander, a pillar drill, a scroll saw and a disk/belt sander. Then there is the hand held stuff too... drills (4), reciprocating saw, power plane, three different sanders, a full size hand held router and a miniature router and a finishing router, three Dremmels, biscuit jointer... And more stuff too. To answer your question I have to say to my self, if they all went away, what single one would you miss the most. Probably the inverted pin router.

Yes, I know. I need to go to the meetings - - - - "My name is Allan and I am a tool junky..."

DO NOT START A THREAD LIKE THIS FOR HAND TOOLS! :D

Regards, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Bent

Post by Bent »

I'll have to say my favourite is my table saw. It is a 10" General (Canadian built) with a 3 hp motor 220v.
After I discovered how it cuts aluminum, I'll have to say it's my main tool. I use the Forrest blade and Freud dado set.

At least until I get my milling machine. Then we'll see :-)
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Eldon

Post by Eldon »

Radial arm saw, table saw and thickness planer in that order.
Music is what feelings sound like!

Eldon
burt

Post by burt »

I am a machinist by trade.
I did a five year apprenticeship.
It worries me when I read that Scott has a potentially very dangerous machine, but is not a trained machinist.
Guys, there's lots of little things that you need to know with machines (but probably don't) which are only learned by doing an apprenticeship, and working regularly with machines.

I'll give one example:
If I said 'climb milling', do any of you (without resorting to Google or Wiki) know what I'm talking about ?
Bent

Post by Bent »

Richard, climb milling would be akin to climb cutting on the table saw. The cutter wants to "climb" over top of your work. Visualized best for me when teh saw blade presses the wood down onto the table i.e. wants to climb over top of it. Same on a mill - it feeds itself into its work piece.

Thanks for your instructions on safety. We can never get enough of them.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Pat Comeau

Re: Favorite Power Tool ? DUALSAW

Post by Pat Comeau »

You Guy's as to see and check this new cutting tool, :o .

CLICK ON THIS LINKhttps://www.dualsaw.com/
Allan

Re: Favorite Power Tool ? DUALSAW

Post by Allan »

Pat Comeau wrote:You Guy's as to see and check this new cutting tool, :o
That thing looks so good that I want TWO!
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

I have a lathe , a milling machine both with lots of tooling,table saw jointer planer, thickness planer , bandsaw, two welding machines, compresser, various spray guns, lots of hand tools, a furnace i melt metal with plus a lot of other stuff also my most important tool is my brain, hows that for a tool junkie lol