A New And Versatile Welder?

Tools, shop setup, jigs...
richard37066

A New And Versatile Welder?

Post by richard37066 »

To one and all -

In times past, I've had nothing more than propane, oxy-acetylene and a buzz-box welder for whatever brazing and/or welding that I had to do. No MIG, TIG and other fancy gadgetry.

While browsing the 'net recently I came across a new invention in welders that is intriguing. I'm only conversant with fancy welding equipment thus I can't make a decent evaluation of the piece of equipment in the following link.

Would those of you who are in the know access the link and try to come up with an assessment of the product? I'd appreciate it.

http://multiplaz.com/about

Richard
Bent

Re: A New And Versatile Welder?

Post by Bent »

If this unit will do everything as promised it will revolutionize the industry. From first glance I understand it does a plasma type of finished cut. It uses water and/or alcohol instead of gas for shielding the weld. Even at the introductory price of $2000 it is manageable for the home welder. Once, if it really catches on, the price will drop even more. I will say that this unit deserves some serious looking at by us all.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
richard37066

Post by richard37066 »

Bent -

Thank you. That was my first impression. Anyone else?

Richard
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

IM not to crazy about combo machines however time will tell ,2 grand is a good chunk of change I have a lincoln power mig 200 , can weld steel , aluminum or whatever as long as i have the proper gas and wire,plus a 225 amp lincoln stick welder ac/dc unit, good customer service plus made in america and parts are readily available if something breaks, but like i said time will tell. Russ
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

I've spent lots of time behind the wheel of tig welders and standard oxy-acetylene torches (brazing and gas welding) on very thin wall tubing and mig welders on bigger stuff...this looks like a neat swiss army knife kinda tool to have around the shop, but it definitely wouldn't replace my other rigs...the handle shape is as wrong as it can be for fine work. Having to manage the welding rod connection wire/cable and the torch cable would be a complete nightmare in my work-a-day world.

I'd love to play with one for a bit, and its versatility is novel...but for $2K...these days, you can get an absolutely dreamy modern tig welder that will produce welds this thing couldn't touch.

just my $.02