Early Christmas Gift

Tools, shop setup, jigs...
Pat Comeau

Early Christmas Gift

Post by Pat Comeau »

Hi guy's, got a real surprise yesterday when my mother-in-law bought me an early christmas gift...a Miller 180 230v mig welder :D :D :D , and i also got a spool gun in a hard case for welding aluminum and a auto-darkening helmet, a tank of argon gas, a one year contract for the tank, spools of aluminum wires and steel wires ect..., i worked all day running 220v wires to my workshop and did some welding tonight to try it out and it works like a charm, i've never done aluminum welding before but done alot mig welding on steel, the only difference for welding aluminum is to have the right current voltage and the right technic and speed with the spool gun, i have repaired a set of endplates that i've brought twice to the welding shop and they could never get rid of those pin holes :oops: , it took me 5 min to fix the problem :) , i'm a happy camper now :D .
here's some pics of some of the stuff i got.
Attachments
Spoolmate100.jpg
Spoolmate100.jpg (15.67 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
Millermatic_180_Auto-Set.jpg
Millermatic_180_Auto-Set.jpg (38.15 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
titanium.png
titanium.png (24.45 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
Bent

Re: Early Christmas Gift

Post by Bent »

Hey Pat, well you SHOULD be a happy camper now! You had better hang on to that mother-in-law. She's a jewel!
Congrats buddy! You deserve it.
By the way, how do you get that white background in your photos??? Show and tell time! It really highlights the object.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Bent wrote:Hey Pat, well you SHOULD be a happy camper now! You had better hang on to that mother-in-law. She's a jewel!
Congrats buddy! You deserve it.
By the way, how do you get that white background in your photos??? Show and tell time! It really highlights the object.

Hi Bent,

yes my mother in-law is really special, the photos are from the Miller website :oops: ...i was to lazy to go back in the shop tonight to take the pictures :) , if i have the chance i will show you the welder and some welding i've done ;) .

Show and tell time!is from uploading on this site, when you post a topic you can add file or picture by scrolling down the page and you'll see where it says brows and add the file, it is part of this website :)
azureskys

Post by azureskys »

thats nice setup Pat , wish you lots of happy welding and watch the fumes with aluminum. keep your shop well ventelated, russ