Do you run a dust collector in your shop? READ THIS NOW!

Tools, shop setup, jigs...
Allan

Do you run a dust collector in your shop? READ THIS NOW!

Post by Allan »

I sort of do when I can easily switch it on. I don't run it the whole time because of the noise.

THIS HAS ALL CHANGED!

I just came from Lowes where my wife wanted a last minute table center.
They are selling off just about all of the Christmas stuff at 75% off...
I just bought a 15amp. remote control switching system for less than $4.00. It is meant for switching out door tree lighting and is weather resistant. It came with a four socket waterproof distributor too.
It is going on the lead from my shop vac. I now have a remote control dust collection system.

If your local Lowes has these, they will not last!

Regards, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
jsnhull

Re: Do you run a dust collector in your shop? READ THIS NOW!

Post by jsnhull »

I run my dust collector all the time. I repair instruments for a living, so I'm in my shop all day, and I don't want to be breathing that stuff. All of my power tools are connected to it, as well as a sanding table that I made using pegboard for the top. I do my hand sanding there and all of the dust goes right down into the table. I've got a remote switch, and I agree: it's the coolest thing ever!
Bent

Re: Do you run a dust collector in your shop? READ THIS NOW!

Post by Bent »

Same here. I have a regular light switch hanging from a flew cord in the ceiling. It activates a doo-hickey switchy thingie near the dust collector. Neatest thing since sliced bread.
I agree with Allan..its a noisy son of a gun.
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.