Best speaker for Steel in a Fender Twin?

Pickups, Diy Electronics, Stompboxes, Guitar wiring...
jetmacjoe

Best speaker for Steel in a Fender Twin?

Post by jetmacjoe »

I am needing to replace a 12" speaker in my 130watt Fender Twin. Does anybody have suggestions, experiences or opinions? I've read good reviews on some of the new speakers with neodymium magnets and the lighter weight would definitely make my amp more portable.
Pat Comeau

Re: Best speaker for Steel in a Fender Twin?

Post by Pat Comeau »

Can't go wrong with JBL ;)
jetmacjoe

Post by jetmacjoe »

Thanks Pat,
I think I will go with a JBL and will give a review when I play it.

That is a beauty of a guitar you built there. I am also routing the tuner holders into (or out of)
the plank of mahogany I'm building a non-pedal C6 from. I just like the simplicity of it being part of the plank of wood. I was thinking of going with pedalsteel tuners, but am afraid they have shorter length posts than regular guitar tuners. I haven't seen measurements of the length of tuning posts on any of the ads I've seen. If anybody knows about this please pipe up. I guess I could get out my scale and take some measurements.
It appears those legs are stouter or larger diameter than the standard size on most steels? I like that, the only complaint I have with my Shobud Pro1 is the rocking or the guitar moving around when I do quick knee lever changes. And that wood pedal bar is cool! but I too wonder if it is stiff enough for the pedals? :geek:
jetmacjoe

Post by jetmacjoe »

Well after looking around for a while, I am having a hard time finding the JBL's.
And after doing some more research I am going to try the Jensen Neo 100's.
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Jenson are good speakers also, some like Peavey black widow in Fender twin...i myself never heard or tried but peavey black widow sounds good in my Peavey Session 500.:) anyway good luck with your venture.

Pat C.