Pickup free

Pickups, Diy Electronics, Stompboxes, Guitar wiring...
Scott Howard

Pickup free

Post by Scott Howard »

Going through some stuff and found another pick up. Does not work but may be good for some parts . It is a 10 string and free to a good home. First one to reply here gets it. Just email me your address . Scott
Attachments
Mar02575.JPG
Mar02575.JPG (102.63 KiB) Viewed 1827 times
Mar02574.JPG
Mar02574.JPG (95.52 KiB) Viewed 1827 times
Allan

Re: Pickup free

Post by Allan »

I'd like that one Scott, thanx... If I'm first that is!!!
Email sent. I'll be happy to refund your postage too.

Thank you, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

As it seems I was trying to keep out any confusion by having the person who wanted it to reply here first and then everyone could see who was first . I did get a email a few minutes before Allan posted here . That is going by the time on the emails. The emails are less than 10 minutes apart.

Any suggestions on the best way to decide. I just don't want any hard feelings .
Bent

Post by Bent »

Scott, I was the first one to email you. I missed the "reply here first" in your post. Therefor I will concede to Allan, saying that he is the rightful winner of this pickup. Congrats Allan! No hard feelings here either :-)
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Allan

Post by Allan »

Yoiks! I didn't realize there was an international incident brewing here! ;)

Thanks Scott and you too Bent. If I can get the parts off of that PU it will become part of a solid bodied mandolin that I built some years ago. It has been lying here unfinished and forgotten. I re-discovered it the other day when I was digging for some scrap wood. Of course you guys will never see it because this is the steel builders forum! :lol:

Have a good day guys...

Regards, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Keep yer tools sharp! That way you can use more of your strength guiding them AWAY from your body rather than forcing the cut!!!
Bent

Post by Bent »

Mandolin? Are they them things that are just a couple of notches above the banj0?
http://benrom.com/
21 BenRom pedal steel guitars, a Nash 112 and a 1967 TOS Milling machine with many cutters making one hell of a mess on the floor.
Allan

Post by Allan »

Bent wrote:Mandolin? Are they them things that are just a couple of notches above the banj0?
Duno about notches but you can usually find them a couple of steps 'stage left' of a banj0 at a bluegrass show. :P Looks like a guitar for guys with short arms.

Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

Thanks guys

Allan

I will get it mailed your way in a few days . I live in the sticks and some days work when the post office is open.
Allan

Post by Allan »

Thank you Scott. Please take your time. As I said, I will almost certainly end up using the parts of this pickup to make another one and I am still working on my pickup winder. It made it's first movement today but still has a way to go before it is ready to wind anything other than winding me up! I still have to get the turns counter sensor in there and some form of speed control. Still considering the way to go with that.

Best regards, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.
Allan

Post by Allan »

Scott,

I received that PU yesterday. If you will let me know the total of what it cost to send I will PayPal that to you right away.

I had a good look at it when it came and I found out what was wrong with it. Unfortunately it is beyond repair. Somehow, a piece of metal, looks like a piece of lathe swarf, had got inside the windings and had cut into the coil quite badly over time. I found around 12 or 15 broken turns down inside there. I tried to do a repair but it wasn't possible to say which went with with which. It was interesting to study though. It was a very neat coil. It wasn't a parallel wind like a modern humbucker would have but it had a pattern to it. Anyhow, interesting to the geek in me.

Thanks for it, Allan.....
Only nuts eat squirrels.