Phase Wiring Question

Pickups, Diy Electronics, Stompboxes, Guitar wiring...
joey

Phase Wiring Question

Post by joey »

Hi. Just need to clear something up with wiring a Fender style slide guitar with a mini phase switch. I have a small wiring diagram (see attachment) and I found some simple instructions that says to disconnect the bridge pickups from where they are soldered and solder them to mini switch where it says in diagram "From pickup"

Then solder wires from the lugs on switch that says "Out" in diagram to where the bridge pickup wires would normally be soldered

My question is this. On my bridge pickup I have yellow and black wires. Black is grounded.

If I soldered the yellow one to the left lug and black to right lug on switch where it says "From pickup" in diagram does it matter which way wires are soldered where it says "Out" on switch diagram. Or should I also wire yellow to left bottom lug and black to right bottom lug and then to where they'd normally be wired on controls.

Should I be concerned about neck pickup cover being grounded as the neck pickup wont be reversed on mini switch?
Attachments
phase.gif
phase.gif (3.66 KiB) Viewed 7301 times
bluesteel

Re: Phase Wiring Question

Post by bluesteel »

Joey, I can't think of any good reason for the connections to be any way round. That's if both wires are "floating", i.e. not grounded. You can always connect them and swap 'em over if you prefer the sound the other way. No harm will result.
joey

Re: Phase Wiring Question

Post by joey »

Thanks for that